Our current vacancies
Cataloguing Archivist, 1 year fixed term position
Part time: 3 days/21 hours per week
Application deadline: 5pm on Sunday 12 March 2023
Interviews held: 21 March 2023
Acme has recently completed a 12-month cataloguing project funded by the National Archives Archives Revealed programme. We are undertaking additional cataloguing for a further 12-month period to continue this work and prepare archive material for use across Acme’s 50th anniversary projects. The cataloguing archivist will be required to rehouse, sort and catalogue records into Archives Space, Acme’s archive management software, and edit existing spreadsheet catalogues of the photographic collection for import into the archive catalogue. The work of the archivist will also contribute to the outcomes of other associated 50th anniversary projects which are dependent on archive content.
You will have the following
- Postgraduate Archive qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of working to ISAD(G) cataloguing standards
- Experience of handling paper based archival materials
- Excellent MS Office skills and experience of using an Archive cataloguing software
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
Please refer to the person specification for full details of the key requirements in terms of qualification, knowledge, experience, and skills.
In return, we offer:
- Pro rata salary £17,100 per annum pro rata (full time equivalent £28,500 per annum).
- A commitment to flexible working
- Annual leave 20 days pro rata including bank holidays based on 3 days per week
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Scheme
Supporting artists since 1972, Acme is a charity based in London which provides affordable studios, work/live space, and a programme of artist support. Acme is the single largest provider of affordable artist studios in England, and this year will support over 800 individual artists across 16 buildings in Greater London.
Please complete the cataloguing archivist recruitment form.
As well as uploading a CV, you should outline your suitability for the position, including relevant qualifications and experience as outlined in the person specification.
Applicants who do not demonstrate that they meet the criteria outlined in the person specification will not be considered for the role.
Closing date for application is by 5pm on Sunday 12 March 2023
and in person interviews will be held on 21 March 2023.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date you should assume that you have not been short-listed for interview.
Acme exists to support the broadest possible range of artistic practice and creates opportunities for artists to develop and take greater creative risks.
We passionately believe in social equity and the benefits of diversity, seeking to support, encourage and include people, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled people and those from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented in the arts and cultural sectors.